We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique hotel

South Portland...
Level Contributor
93 posts
34 reviews
Unique hotel

My husband and I are driving from Manchester, NH to Northfield, VT in June and I would love a suggestion for a nice hotel (prefer original, boutique style hotel) on the drive between. I had thought to stay in Hanover but both hotels downtown are booked. Don't mind driving off the Interstate to get there or taking a back route.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
379 reviews
1. Re: Unique hotel

Afternoon nmballetmom,

As far as I am aware there are very few boutique style hotel properties in Vermont. There are a few inns dotted around the State and I would suggest you Google 'Boutique lodging Vermont' etc. as a few places might fit your brief.

However many marketing/chain sites come up with this general search, so be prepared to sift through them. If you want to consider Woodstock VT which is not to far from Hanover, then there are a number of choices of smaller lodging properties that might suit you. Check out the village website www.woodstockvt.com

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
634 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Unique hotel

Barely out of your way, look into Claremont, NH and The Common Man Inn.

http://www.thecmaninn.com/

Converted mill, they manage to keep the flavor of the old buildings but still make them very comfortable. Good restaurant on site, then you can leave and head north on 12A, cross the longest covered bridge in the...(state/country/world?) to work your way back up to I89

Ask for a room overlooking the falls, if available.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Unique hotel

Here a couple of B&B's/ Inns to consider per TA reviews.

In Woodstock, VT:

Blue Horse Inn, The Charleston House, Deer Hill Inn , Village Inn of Woodstock, or the Woodstocker Inn,

In Quechee, VT ( a few miles closer to Rt. 89)

The Inn at Clearwater Pond

Parker House Inn

4. Re: Unique hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 12:47