We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries near Jay Peak?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
49 reviews
Groceries near Jay Peak?

I'll be staying at a Jay Peak ski-in/ski-out condo for four days. Where is the best place to get groceries?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Groceries near Jay Peak?

What route will you be taking? Either St. Albans, Swanton or Newport will be your best bet.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Groceries near Jay Peak?

Thanks for your reply. We're planning to go via Montreal/Bromont, so I guess it will have to be Newport. I was hoping for something closer.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Groceries near Jay Peak?

Jay is pretty isolated.

You could stock up at your home supermarket border things you can legally cross with and then pick up dairy, meat, fruit/vegis in the states.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Groceries near Jay Peak?

PS...there a couple small stores in Troy/Jay where you can get basics...but for a supermarket you'll have to go to Newport.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
5. Re: Groceries near Jay Peak?

There is a small grocery store in Montgomery. It is called Sylvester's Market. It's not fancy but it is adequate for most needs. It is at the base of the Mountain Road (Rt. 242). There is also a liquor store there.

For a larger grocery, I'd go to Enosburg. Check GoogleMaps for the route. It should be about a 30 minute drive from Jay Peak.

If you are driving down from Montreal, you might consier crossing into the US at the Frelighsburg / West Berkshire border crossing. That way, you could drive down to Enosburg, get your groceries and then drive over to Jay Peak.

6. Re: Groceries near Jay Peak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 22:48