We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Mountains - Mt Holly good?

S J
Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Green Mountains - Mt Holly good?

Hey folks,

Is Mt. Holly in VT a good place to stay to explore the Green Mountain National Forest?? I would love and appreciate any suggestions on things to do.

Thank you!!

3 replies to this topic
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Green Mountains - Mt Holly good?

I've never been to Mt Holly, but I know it's a very small town in the heart of the Green Mountains. This is a rural area, but very beautiful and relaxing. The Green Mountain national Forest is really just a huge area of undeveloped forest, with hiking trails.

Thing to do in the area - Calvin Coolidge national historic village & cheese making shop, Okemo Mountain mountain coaster and zip lines, the picture perfect towns of Woodstock , Manchester, Grafton and Chester, the Vermont Country Store in Weston, the Billings Farm Museum in Woodstock.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Green Mountains - Mt Holly good?

It is interesting how people see the national forest on the Google Map and see that as a destination in and of itself. It makes sense - I would do the same thing as a visitor I'm sure - but it ends up being a poor way to ask about Vermont because no one who lives here really distinguishes the national forest land from any of the other state and town forest land when it comes to recreation. Best to ask directly about activities you want to do, and then get recommendations about best places to stay and do those activities.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
250 reviews
3. Re: Green Mountains - Mt Holly good?

I bought maple syrup from Papa John's Sugar Shack once, that is the only thing that I know about Mt. Holly. Not much going on there. And as I recall, Papa John's was several miles east of the where google maps shows as the center of Mt. Holly (town offices and the like).

Edited: 13 July 2018, 05:15
Reply to: Green Mountains - Mt Holly good?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted