We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn

Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Save

As we are heading to Bryce the first week of October. Lots of Questions-

1) Best-western Ruby Inn - There are Interior Rooms and other rooms. Any suggestions on which would be better? There does not seem to be any Lake View rooms available

2) We are flying into Vegas and driving to Bryce. How many days would you recommend in Bryce- we will be back in Vegas by Saturday night. Thought we could hit Zion on way back

3) October weather- we will be there early Oct… what to make sure packed.

6 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
8,896 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Save

1) Choose Best Western Grand - hot and cold buffet included with room rate.

2) 1-2 nights

3) cold mornings - cool and nice during the day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
17,757 posts
53 reviews
101 helpful votes
2. Re: Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Save

Two nights should be enough time for Bryce itself.

You should drive up Utah 12 as it is one of the most scenic drives in the US.

As to Ruby Inn, lakeview rooms? I've never seen a lake there!

Just before the East entrance of Zion the ranch there on the left has a large herd of buffalo.

Oh, and on your drive to Bryce, visit the Kolob Canyon part of Zion whose entrance is right next to the interstate I-15. An hour should be sufficient for a quick drive by to see the scenery from your car. Then stop for lunch at Centro Woodfired Pizzeria ( https://www.centropizzeria.com/ ) in Cedar City. We make detours to visit it and it will be the best meal you have on your trip. We like the fennel sausage pizza but all are good. When leaving Cedar City you could head east and then turn left to go up to Brian Head for going up a fairly high mountain. Cedar Breaks N.M. will be on the way which is like a smaller Bryce at 2000 feet higher elevation. Then head to Panguitch from the highway there which will take you a scenic way to Bryce.

Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Save

The Bestwestern Grand is fully booked for our dates. I plan to keep checking if something comes available.

The reviews on Ruby suggested Lake view rooms - well if no lake , glad not available :)

Edited: 23 August 2021, 06:42
Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
77,956 posts
224 reviews
229 helpful votes
4. Re: Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Save

Don’t fret about your room at Ruby’s. It’s place to sleep and bathe while you spend all of your waking hours inside the park at Bryce. You’ll never look out your window.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell, Utah
Level Contributor
38,214 posts
57 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Save

I wouldn't fret about the rooms at Ruby's either. It's a place to sleep. One advantage of a room in one of the free standing buildings - there's more than Lakeview, I believe - is you can request a ground floor room and park right in front of your door.

Two nights is usually more than enough for Bryce. Zion should have at least two nights, unless you aren't planning on doing anything more than driving highway 9 from the east entrance to Springdale.

There is a small "lake" behind the Lakeview building. Your room would need o be on the top floor on the west side of the building for a lake view.

Edited: 23 August 2021, 08:29
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
17,757 posts
53 reviews
101 helpful votes
6. Re: Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Save

The "lake" must be like Jacob Lake, Arizona. One day we searched for it and I think we found it. What in Texas would be considered a small stock pond which it looked like!

Reply to: Bryce Canyon- Best Western Ruby Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.