We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laquinta west salt lake city

3 posts
Save Topic
Laquinta west salt lake city

Has anyone stayed recently at Laquinta west Salt Lake City? Heard pros and cons. Please advise.

Special Offer
3-Day National Parks Camping Tour...
124 Reviews
from US$ 598.49*
US$ 629.99
3-Day Tour: Sedona, Monument Valley...
26 Reviews
from US$ 529.00*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las...
124 Reviews
from US$ 511.00*
3 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,778 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laquinta west salt lake city

I've never had a reason to stay there. That location is just functional. It's on a very busy road, just off a freeway interchange and in the middle of a lot of retail/business. If I were visiting SLC or even just looking for a place to stay over night, I wouldn't pick anything in West Valley City.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laquinta west salt lake city

Looking at the map, this location is in West Valley City not Salt Lake City. It's an ethnically diverse, blue collar suburb and also the second largest city in Utah. You're probably about 15-20 minute drive into downtown SLC depending on traffic. The area has a lot of commercial chain stores off the busy streets but also some of the best Mexican and various Asian food around.

If you're just passing through, it might be fine for a night. If you're planning on spending time in Salt Lake, I would stay somewhere in Salt Lake City proper. Downtown is the location we usually recommend. It's near mass transit. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, live music, performing arts, shopping, and cultural locations of interest all within reasonable walking distance.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Laquinta west salt lake city

Thank you for the info. After research we decided against it. Again, much thanks.

Reply to: Laquinta west salt lake city
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted