We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with last minute itinerary

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
44 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Help with last minute itinerary

Hi all, we are planning a last minute trip with our daughters ages 10 and 12, flying into SLC and spending 5 nights in Utah. As a placeholder, I have one night near the airport and a hotel in Ogden because it seemed not too far away. Our kids like tubing, off roading, escape rooms, fun experiences and will even hike a bit. Any recommendations for itinerary? Much appreciated, thanks

2 replies to this topic
utah
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with last minute itinerary

Assuming you want to stay in the Salt Lake area I'd suggest splitting your time between Salt Lake and Park City.

Check this pass out - you may want to buy it or, at least it will give you ideas of things to do: https:/…

There's a lot more you can do in the area that fits your criteria above.

Instead of staying at the airport stay at Little America for 2-3 nights - it's a good location and a decent hotel. Ogden is OK, but probably not where I would spend time. Then spend 2-3 nights in Park City.

In Park City, Tanger Outlets, Olympic Park and the Park City Mountain Resort would be fun for you. You could spend a day on the mirror highway checking out Mirror Lake and playing in Provo Falls. You can tube or raft on Provo River. There are many escape rooms in the Salt Lake area.

Ski resorts are a good option for easy hiking because you can ride the lift up and hike downhill.

Antelope Island and the Hill Airforce Museum could be interesting.

You'll want to visit temple square to see the gardens.

----

Assuming you want to see a national park I'd suggest going to Moab. You could see Arches and Canyonlands and so some river rafting. You could also do a jeep tour on Hell's Revenge.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,801 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with last minute itinerary

Skip going to Ogden. Split your time between SLC and Park City. Brian has given you some good ideas of things to do in both places. Also, don’t stay at the airport. There’s little out there. Downtown SLC is just 15 minutes from the airport.; very doable, even if you have a late flight in. I also recommend Little America Hotel as a place to stay in SLC.

Reply to: Help with last minute itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted