We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possibly moving to Beaumont TX

Ketchikan, Alaska
1 post
Save Topic
Possibly moving to Beaumont TX

I am currently considering a job offer in Beaumont but have never been there before. With my current work schedule I don't think I will be able to visit before I would be able to accept or decline my job offer. I am wondering what is Beaumont like are the people friendly, is the scenery nice etc? Everything I can find online says that it has high crime and pollution? Is there a town near Beaumont that I can live that is better and I can just commute to work? I currently live on island in Alaska so having limited amenities is not a major concern for me but pollution and crime is.

3 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possibly moving to Beaumont TX

We’ve had many friends who have lived in Beaumont through the years and found many redeeming qualities in the area. There are nice areas of town and a few less so, like anywhere.

Also, there are quieter rural areas a very short ride away. And hey, I liked Alaska fine but you’ll be in Texas! and all is right with the world!

Good luck!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,558 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possibly moving to Beaumont TX

rodasi06-

This is not a travel-related question, and undoubtedly will be removed from the forum.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
419 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possibly moving to Beaumont TX

PM sent.

Reply to: Possibly moving to Beaumont TX
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted