We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

Plymouth, MA
3 posts
Save Topic
Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

We're travelling to Nashville this coming weekend for 4 days. I am quite unfamiliar with the area but will have a car. Is there any nice place to swim within say a couple of hour drive of Nashville that would be worth driving to? Im looking for either a natural springs sort of place, a park with waterfalls that was swimmable or even nude water holes? Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

I can't think of any hot springs around Nashville. There is one in NC. Hot Springs NC. Its located west side of NC, no where close to Nashville though. (off of I-40, just on the other side of Knoxville TN.)

Can't think of any places around Nashville that I would want to sunbath in the nude either.

There is a nice waterfall on the Natchez Trace Parkway just outside of Nashville, you might be interested in.

There is several waterfalls in the eastern part of TN. Heres a few that I've been to: Fall Creek Falls State Park, Pikeville TN., Rock Island State Park, Rock Island TN., Old Stone Fort State Park, Manchester TN., there is several around Mounteagle TN., Sewanee TN., like the one on my profile is Foster Falls. And of course there is all kinds of waterfalls in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, located in east TN.

Most motels in Nashville have swimming pools, indoor or outdoor or both. They also have a nice water park, Nashville Shores, but I don't think it has opened yet.

Plymouth, MA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. These falls that you mention, are they actually falls that we can go swimming at or more of a tourist attraction to view? I live in an ocean community and have always wanted to swim amongst the waterfalls. Thanks again.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

Well, I'm not 100% for sure. You might want to go to www.tn.gov website and see if it list any details on the these falls. (most are at state parks) Fall Creek Falls is suppose to be the biggest falls east of the Mississippi River other than Niagra Falls. I'm not sure how deep any of them are. I do know there has been several to die at Fall Creek Falls, going over the falls. This one does get a lot of tourist too. Its a big place, lots of hiking trails, swinging bridge, camping, cabins to rent, big mtn. lake, resort like area, etc., etc. and Its a good hike to the bottom of the falls (beautiful country!) We think we have seen people swimming at these falls but not 100% sure and not 100% sure if swimming is aloud at any of the falls area. Fall Creek Falls is located between Pikeville & Spencer TN. and it would be over one hour from Nashville. Its closer to I-40 than I-24.

You mentioned about nude sunbathing, I was once told there was a nudist camp near Murfreesboro TN., I don't know anything about it, don't know if is still in operation or anything else and not sure how to go about getting any info. on the place. (if what I was told is true) I'm "thinking" the person that told me said it was located on the east side of M'Boro and it was out of city limits.

Plymouth, MA
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

Again, thanks for taking the time to write and pass along your info. I will definitely check into those Falls because even if we couldn't swim them, they definitely seem worth seeing. I'll also see what I can find out about that Nudist Camp you mention.

We're looking forward to our trip, thanks for your help!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

Here's stuff on swimming holes in Tennessee...

http://www.swimmingholes.org/tn.html

Adairville, Kentucky
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

You can swim at Fall Creek Falls. There is a good swimming hole below the Cascades and another hidden one where there usually aren't a lot of people down the cable trail behind the Nature Center. Fall Creek Falls is my favorite State Park in TN and definitely worth the trip.

7. Re: Nashville area Hot Springs/Waterfalls/(nude sunbathing?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 14:49