We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day road trip in October

Florence, Italy
13 posts
5 day road trip in October

Hello,

I'm planning a 5 day road trip for the third week of October. I'll be flying in and out from Portland, arriving in Portland Sunday night and leaving the following Saturday night.

I'd like to see as much as Oregon as possible if that makes any sense. I love nature so Bend and crater lake are a must, and so is the coast.

What would you guys suggest as itinerary? And how long shall I plan to stay in each place? I was also thinking to try to include the redwood Park in California but it might be too much.

Thank you in advance!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: 5 day road trip in October

If you want a drive only trip you could do that

Day 1 Oregon coast to Florence or north of there

Day 2 to Roseburg on i38

Day 3 Roseburg Crater lake and on to Bend

Day 4 Bend to Portland

Day 5 Columbia Gorge

Not what I woulds suggest though. You need more time at coast

Florence, Italy
13 posts
2. Re: 5 day road trip in October

Thank you for the reply! What would you suggest instead? Also, is there a specific reason why you'd do the coast southbound?

Thank you

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: 5 day road trip in October

Pull outs are on ocean side so easier to park, plus better views for passenger. In Oct may be less of a problem with less traffic. and sounds like you may be alone. so passenger views may not be important. and the sooner the better may be good for Bend and Crater Lake

Florence, Italy
13 posts
4. Re: 5 day road trip in October

Thanks man!

Actually I'm going with a friend so it's the 2 of us. Your advice is good! So you'd skip the redwood Park right?

Level Contributor
39,309 posts
1,019 reviews
5. Re: 5 day road trip in October

You will love the coast! Try to make time for stops at Ecola State Park in Cannon Beach ( we were there Mon. For a picnic), Hug Point, Arch Cape & Oswald West State Park. :)

6. Re: 5 day road trip in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2016, 09:46