We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to US from Europe

Lodz, Poland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Travelling to US from Europe
Save

Hi. I wanna go to the nyc in the fall. I live in Poland so I’m banned from entering US. Let’s say they don’t take of the current ban for European countries for now. Is there any way to go to the states then? Because from what I understood, you can go to the states when you spent at least 14 days in one of the countries that is not on prohibited list. Can someone tell me which countries aren’t on that list? And if that’s the truth?

9 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
49,351 posts
1,302 reviews
341 helpful votes
1. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

Some good info on the air travel forum here with suggested places to stay for 15 days.

Chicago
Level Contributor
11,450 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

It is the truth and as stated there are posts on the Air Travel forum about it.

Please only consider this if you are vaccinated

Lodz, Poland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

Could you please send me a link? because I can’t find if

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
74,453 posts
49 reviews
112 helpful votes
4. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Travel.html

Lodz, Poland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

I found the forum but I can’t find the list

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
74,453 posts
49 reviews
112 helpful votes
6. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

Then ask your question again on that forum and let someone point it out to you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
49,351 posts
1,302 reviews
341 helpful votes
7. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

There are multiple threads there called UK to US via . . . . You might have to skim back a couple pages. Literally over 150 posts.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
202 posts
70 reviews
39 helpful votes
8. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

I think it's easier to list the banned countries, so:

Brazil, Ireland, UK, Schengen Area Countries, India, or South Africa. If you have been in one of these countries in the last 14 days then you need to fit in one of the exemption categories.

It is recommended that you travel for 15 days to another area, and be able to show proof of your stay. Acceptable proof includes plane tickets and hotel receipt/airbnb receipt. Maybe a couple receipts from your time there. You will also need a negative PCR or antigen test within 3 days of travel to the US.

Also, consider the arrival rules for where you will spend those days, and have proper testing and insurance. There are many places that do not require quarantine upon arrival. Most common places people have traveled are Caribbean/Mexico.

Edited: 29 August 2021, 02:32
Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
31 reviews
16 helpful votes
9. Re: Travelling to US from Europe
Save

We have several friends from France & Belgium who spent a couple of weeks on vacation first in either the Bahamas or Mexico (Cancun) and then could enter the US….

Bahamas now has restrictions on who can come in (need proof of vaccination); Mexico has no restrictions and does not require proof of negative covid test to enter. However, you will need proof of a negative covid test to enter the US from any other country, whether vaccinated or not.

Doublecheck the official government websites of all the respective countries before you make your plans, however, Situations can change quickly, and requirements can be different when you travel.

(And of course you should always get any visa or travel restriction details on which you base travel plans directly from the respective government websites and not from random folks on the internet.)

Edited: 29 August 2021, 03:31
Reply to: Travelling to US from Europe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.