We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penn Station to Brooklyn?

M D
1 post
Penn Station to Brooklyn?
Save

I’m attending a night time concert on a Sunday this fall at Brooklyn steel. I’ll probably take the train from where I live to penn station, but now I’m wondering what the best way to get from penn station to Brooklyn steel is. Bus, subway, Uber, etc? My other option is to just avoid penn station and drive directly to Brooklyn (I live about an hour away in nj), but I’m not familiar with the area. What’s the best plan here?

2 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
7,297 posts
22 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Penn Station to Brooklyn?
Save

Hmmm…I live on the other side of Brooklyn & have been to Brooklyn Steel precisely once. My bias would be to use the subway from Penn Station; much less hassle than driving & parking. Basically you can take any of the subway lines that serve Penn Station (or the nearby Herald Square stop) downtown to 14th St…then transfer to a Canarsie (Brooklyn)-bound L train. Get off at Graham Av, and it’s a shortish walk to the venue. (The neighborhood is fine & you will be in the company of many other concertgoers.)

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,056 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Penn Station to Brooklyn?
Save

I have been to Brooklyn Steel a few times and always take a cab from my place in Brooklyn.

If I were coming in from Penn Station, I would follow the path Linda E provided above. No brainer.

Reply to: Penn Station to Brooklyn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.