We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Newton or NYLO

Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
Hotel Newton or NYLO
Save

We are planning a 4 day trip to NYC Nov. 29-Dec.3rd. (I'm assuming that all Xmas Markets, window decorations, tours & shows have started by then.) We would like to stay on the Upper West Side and have narrowed the hotel search between these 2 hotels. Looks like the subway is convenient for both. NYLO has a higher rating on TA, but the fees and taxes are more than Hotel Newton. However, it is newer and the room looks larger. (no fridge or microwave though)

Just wondering if anyone has been to both and can give me pros and cons to help make a decision.

Thanks for any advice!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24,842 posts
1. Re: Hotel Newton or NYLO
Save

The Newton is a traditional, well-regarded budget property that is right on top of the 96th St station of the Broadway subway lines - so about 10 minutes to Times Square. It gets decent reviews for a budget property - just be sure you are pricing rooms with private bath since some rooms have shared baths. Don;t know details of NYLO.

Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel Newton or NYLO
Save

Thank you nytraveler, I did price out a Superior Queen room with private bath. In total, it is about $300 (Canadian dollars) less for 4 nights than NYLO. There is no urban fee (no gym or free wifi) and less taxes.

However, NYLO currently has 25% off for Canadians & I'm thinking that it is a very temporary offer; perhaps just over this holiday weekend. I phoned them and the reply was that they don't know the details online. Their over the phone best price (flexible) was quite a bit higher than what I priced online. I could always book and then cancel later if something better pops up.

Fox Point, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,992 posts
71 reviews
139 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotel Newton or NYLO
Save

You posted in the general forum for all of NY State; repost in the NY City forum to attract more readers.

Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel Newton or NYLO
Save

OK, thanks.

5. Re: Hotel Newton or NYLO

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2019, 11:12
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.