We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

We're leaving on a cruise (Royal Caribbean, Anthem of the Seas) out of Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ. Does the terminal there have a waiting area? Cafes, restrooms? Or is it just a dock? (Surely there's a covered area in case of rain, yes?!)

Manhattan NYC Attractions Helicopter...
65 Reviews
from US$ 299.00*
New York Helicopter Flight and Statue...
120 Reviews
from US$ 279.00*
Special Offer
New York Airport to Hotel...
1,561 Reviews
from US$ 14.99*
US$ 16.99
6 replies to this topic
Garfield, New Jersey
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

Cape Liberty has a terminal building. There are restrooms, chairs for seating, an enclosed waiting area that has heat and air conditioning. I think there are vending machines. I have never seen a café in any of the terminals I have departed from in the USA. Not sure why you would need a café as the boarding process starts as early as 10:30 am for Anthem and the Windjammer will be open when you board.

If you park a car at the port, bring the parking pass/ticket with you on the ship as you will need it to pay for you car prior to retrieving the vehicle.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

Thank you so much for that info, travelerfiveseven--it's exactly what I wanted to know! And you're right, I'm sure we won't need a cafe or any way to kill time since we can board so early.

conn
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

There is a Hudson's news stand in the term that sells basic travel stuff. at least it was there when I last sailed.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

Ah! Thank you, thesnowman. From your response & the other, I'm getting the impression this terminal is very bare-bones!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

Just curious, what cruise terminals are more upscale:not bare bones in line with what you are thinking? I’ve never sailed out of Bayonne but I have from Tampa and Fort Lauderdale. My impression was that the land facility is to get you checked in and on the ship and provide nearly nothing landslide, because there’s no need to.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

Hi, Davehoboken. I didn't mean to suggest that I knew of any terminals that are upscale. I've gone on only 1 cruise in my life, and it was on the Black Sea. Trust me, the terminals in places like Romania and Bulgaria sure aren't fancy. But that's why I was curious about this one in NJ.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 07:10
Reply to: Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted