We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Uber

Where do you take Uber from airport

7 replies to this topic
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
12,453 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Uber

https://www.uber.com/airports/ewr/

Hope this isn't too late for you

Edited: 27 July 2018, 20:22
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Uber

Thanks for your reply. This is very helpful

My sister was able to pick me up

But I will keep the response so u can use it in the future

Have a nice weekend

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
3. Re: Uber

I was surprised by my Uber charges a couple of days ago. I made same day 160 mile round-trip which of course is two separate 80 mile trips on the same day. The cost for my return trip was almost double of the initial trip to my destination, same exact addresses only reversed. Had I known this in advance I would have made other arrangements, such as either not go at all or drive myself and not have a cocktail at dinner. On previous occasions the cost of the trips was almost identical each way but this time I was blind-sided. At that point what are you choices...don't go home?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
12,453 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Uber

Well, it's hard to know how to react. Uber is very clear about their surge pricing and when you saw the price you could have taken a cab instead.

What I tell people to do if they want to figure out what the price will be in advance is to go through all the steps of ordering a car on the exact same day of week and time of day and for the exact pickup and destination ahead of time to see the price but just don't click to order the car.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Uber

Unfortunately if you're in an area where there's heavy demand, rates will go up. If you have the Lyft app they usually don't have as bad of price increases, and often they're the same drivers.

That said...80 miles...wow! That was a hefty charge to begin with!

6. Re: Uber

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 October 2018, 06:00
Edited: 21 October 2018, 06:00

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,805 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Uber

The OP is from July. I agree. I used to drive Uber and even I think that crazy.

Reply to: Uber
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted