We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of USA to go in July for ELO concert?

Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Which part of USA to go in July for ELO concert?

hi,Could anyone tell me the best city to go to in July in USA (north,east,south or west)in terms of weather and cost effectiveness for family from Australia? https://jefflynneselo.com/events/ the list of cities are on this webpage?

3 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
127 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Which part of USA to go in July for ELO concert?

Hi! What an awesome adventure you guys are planning!!! So I did a little research on some possible locations and Ball Park costs. If you guys fly into Los Angeles for the Anaheim Concert in June and stay for two weeks, Qantas had the Airline tickets from Sydney to Los Angeles at 5250 AUD or around 3800 USD. I looked at 3 Bedroom Airbnb listings and they were anywhere from 50-200 dollars a night USD. This to me is the easiest option. As far as Southern California Weather in Mid to late June, it will be hot. Expect Mid 80’s F for highs and it could easily be hotter. As far as recreation and adventure opportunities California has endless choices for fun, exploration and excitement. Disneyland, PCH 1, Angles and Dodgers Baseball Games, Biking, Hiking, Surfing, Skydiving, Parasailing, Powered Parachutes, Hollywood, etc. The list is truly endless.

Another option that I would consider is the St Paul Minnesota concert in July. Qantas priced a two week flight out at 6155 AUD or 4450 USD. Airbnb had the same pricing as far as 50-200 per night lodging USD. Minnesota is maybe the United States Best Kept Secret as far as a summer travel destination. Nothing beats Northern Minnesota in the summer. One idea I had is you guys could fly in for the concert and spend a week in Minneapolis and St Paul exploring and then you could spend a week in our lakes country which is the most beautiful recreational lakes in the world. You could stay at a resort like Madden’s Resort on Gull Lake or Grandview Lodge in Nisswa also on Gull Lake or you could rent a private cabin on VRBO.com on the Whitefish Chain in Crosslake Minnesota. We have some of the best fishing in the United States if not the best for Bass, Muskie and Walleye. Try your hand at inland surfing behind a boat or wakeboarding. Or give flyboarding a shot. Hiking, Biking, Shopping, Golfing, and more are all plentiful. The Brainerd Lakes is home to the best boating in the world, amazing restaurants, world class golf and just amazing family recreation opportunities in general. It’s truly a wonderful world class destination. As far as Minneapolis and St. Paul we offer fantastic and world class art, theatre, parks, museums, shopping, restaurants and the like. Summer in Minnesota just can’t be beat, Mall of America is home to the largest shopping venue in the world complete with an indoor amusement park, aquarium and movie theatre. Our weather in July is low to mid 80’s during the day and very comfortable in the evenings and overnight. Low 60’s for overnight lows or even upper 50’s up North. Another option would be to check out our North Shore on Lake Superior. Absolutely stunning and unlike anything you will ever see as far as the Great Lake and surrounding Forrest’s. Home to amazing state parks, hiking, biking and beautiful scenery. People come from all over the world to see our North Shore and Lake Superior. You guys could go camping up there in one of the State parks and save some money on lodging that way,

The third option I would look at is the Nashville concert. Nashville. 4th of July. America!!! What more could you ask for in an All American Summer Adventure. I would imagine it would be costly as far as flying into Nashville from Australia. But if it peaks your interest look into it. It’s our Country Music Capital of the World. Home to amazing food and BBQ, Elvis and Graceland aren’t far away and you have Dollyworld!!! I mean it doesn’t get any more American than that! Expect hot weather as well. So there’s some options for you. Ask any questions you might have.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
223 reviews
2. Re: Which part of USA to go in July for ELO concert?

I'd have to say that the midwest would likely be cheapest to stay and get tickets. The flight may be a little more expensive but you'd quickly recoup your value with it being a lower cost vacation. Minneapolis is a great location but I couldn't find DECENT tix to the concert for less that $175 each. I see they're in Atlanta, Nashville and Tampa around Independence Day. Those could be fun cities w/ lots of great things to do/see, possibly w/ a direct or affordable flight. But I think LA, DC, NY or Seattle would be very pricey overall.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,329 posts
189 reviews
3. Re: Which part of USA to go in July for ELO concert?

I know you’ve posted in the Minnesota forum - but for me, I’d pick Vancouver. Looks to be a non-stop flight from Sydney or Melbourne and the upper northwest is beautiful in early summer. As with any location, you need to research what you want to do and price it out.

Reply to: Which part of USA to go in July for ELO concert?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted