We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from MN

Elk River, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Road trip from MN

Ok, this may be a strange question but my road trip to TN with family is canceled and I am having a hard time trying to find a trip to replace it. Since I will not be sharing expenses with extended family I am looking for something a little closer so I can do less days. It will be myself plus my two teens. I am willing to drive up to 8 hours from Elk River, MN.

I am a single mom and really NEED some relaxation. My kids mostly want to be lazy on a trip and just want to sleep in. What I want to do is relax at a pool that has a bar for fruity drinks that I do not have to get dressed to get a drink (pool bar). I would prefer a relaxing atmosphere. I know there are some with the pool bars in Wisconsin Dells but my kids are not interested in the water park so I do not want not want to pay for a resort with all of that when we will not use it and to be honest they are so chaotic I cannot really relax.

Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Road trip from MN

Come to Winnipeg lol. Your dollar is worth 25% more we are less than 8 hours away. If your kids are over 18 they can drink and gamble.

Ramsey, Minnesota
Level Contributor
316 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Road trip from MN

When are you going? what about on a lake that has a sand beach that you can lay in a chair and have a drink? They all so have a indoor pool Grandview lodge in nissawa they have a new "Tanque Verde Cantina" down by the beach that can be open air by opening some huge glass garage type doors just steps away from the sand beach. Not too far from the indoor pool either.

Or if you want a indoor one Check out Craguns resort on Gull lake they have the cabana café next to the indoor pool full bar service and food

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
749 reviews
3. Re: Road trip from MN

I second Grand View Lodge. Very nice, relaxing and fun environment.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
222 reviews
4. Re: Road trip from MN

I'm thinking the North Shore... so beautiful and relaxing, Grand Marais is my favorite.

Reply to: Road trip from MN
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted