We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel advise for NYC to Annapolis

San Diego...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best travel advise for NYC to Annapolis

My boyfriend and I are traveling from NYC (not sure of the exact spot yet) to Annapolis, MD on a Sunday in September. We are trying to figure out the best way to get there. We'd like to take the train but it is expensive and so we don't mind taking the bus but he will be traveling with his golf clubs and is worried about storage. Any advise???

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel advise for NYC to Annapolis

Take mega (or is it bolt) to Penn sat in balt. Short cab ride greyhound and bus to annap. Or take light rail to airport and then ground transport from there. Don't know anything more direct except to drive. I'll letbyou figure out the specifics .

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel advise for NYC to Annapolis

Storage is not a problem since there is plenty under the bus where they put very large suitcases and such. Not sure what expensive is to you, but Amtrak is having a sale on their Northeast travel, that would be $49/pp one way. If time is any variable, the trains run at 100 miles an hour so the trip to Baltimore is much quicker than a bus. I ride the rails often and find it an awesome way to go but then again I don't mind paying the extra bucks but completely understand if you are on a tighter budget. I do believe that the buses from Baltimore to Annapolis don't run very often so you would have to time your arrival. If you would take the train to BWI you could take the free shuttle to the airport and then take a Super Shuttle into Annapolis. It is very unfortunate that the options for public transportation in this neck of the woods is terrible.

3. Re: Best travel advise for NYC to Annapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 11:46