We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

Leaving for Chicago in the morning. Staying at Hyatt Regency Chicago on Wacker. We are holding reservations for both of these establishments for Saturday night. We plan to go to John Hancock for a drink at dusk, have dinner, then go to a blues club. Any feedback on these places to help us decide would be great!

I know there are some blues clubs near Kinzie Chophouse...are there any blues clubs near Wildfire at all?

Both restaurants look great....Wildfire looks a little more casual and fun atmosphere but not sure if I am reading it right. One of us might eat steak and the other won't. Also, what would be the best way to get to Hancock and then either one of these?

Thanks once again!

Best Seller
Chicago Architecture River Cruise
3,235 Reviews
from US$ 41.44*
Viator VIP: Willis Tower Skydeck...
104 Reviews
from US$ 124.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
181 Reviews
from US$ 79.00*
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,847 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

The restaurants are only about four blocks from each other. Walk or take a cab from the Hancock to either spot.

Nearby blues options:

http://undergroundwonderbar.com/

http://www.bluechicago.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

Thanks Dave. Any feedback on the restaurants themselves?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,847 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

I've been to Wildfire numerous times. Never a bad meal. I've never been to Kinzie.

You can read reviews of both spots in the restaurant section of www.chicagoreader.com and www.chicagomag.com

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

Both sound good - thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

We went to Wildfire and it was delicious! Even my non carnivore travelling companion thought the steak was great.( It was so large that we shared it)

Walked over to Blues Chicago after which was really fun and fantastic music.

Thanks!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,847 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

Thanks for the follow up report.

7. Re: Wildfire or Kinzie Chophouse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 15:46