We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf Coast advice

10 posts
Gulf Coast advice

Hello,

Im heading down to the Gulf Coast in a few months, I would like to see clear ocean water (or at clear as it gets on Gulf) any suggestions to which beach would have clear ocean water? Would like to stay away from crowds, smaller towns, no chain hotels, etc... Trying to have family vacation and stay away from partying.

Miami Combo Tour: City Sightseeing...
889 Reviews
from US$ 67.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from US$ 49.99*
US$ 75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
176 Reviews
from US$ 38.00*
5 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Gulf Coast advice

The Gulf Coast hugs the western portion of Florida from Pensacola to Marco Island- not all of it is beach though. In the Panhandle I suggest Cape San Blas in Gulf County- specifically the State Park. It’s remote and quiet but a lovely beach with enormous dunes, white sand and clear water. Perhaps others will chime in with recommendations about the areas from Clearwater on southward. Finding a quiet beach in the summer is a tall order!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
316 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Gulf Coast advice

You should consider Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key. I think they check all your boxes. The beaches are beautiful. They won't be crowded, but they definitely won't be empty.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,025 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Gulf Coast advice

Clear water- this will be affected by storms in t he gulf (and you will be there in season) and June Grass int he panhandle (where the waters are usually very clear but this affects it at times in summer).

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
119 reviews
4. Re: Gulf Coast advice

Cape San Blas rarely if ever gets June grass nor does SGI. This is an issue from PCB to Pensacola. That said the clearer water is at San Blas

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Gulf Coast advice

Anna Maria Island. I live in Tampa, and it's my go to beach!

Edited: 12 June 2018, 21:15
Reply to: Gulf Coast advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted