We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel itinerary

Bryant, Arkansas
2 posts
travel itinerary

Hi. I would like your suggestions for our trip in July. I have a family of 4 with 2 children age 10 and 6. I know it's last minute but we are planning a trip for July 7-13. We will be driving from Arkansas and were thinking about arriving into Colorado Springs initially. We were looking at possibly touring the Olympic Training Facility, Air Force Academy, driving Pikes Peak/Garden of the Gods. What do you think of these? Then driving to Estes Park spending a night. I have read about Ouray and the jeep tour sounds fantastic! We are not really a hiking family so is Estes Park a must? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: travel itinerary

Welcome to the forums. With kids in their age range, you could also think about doing Cave of the Winds, Cheyenne Mt. Zoo, 7 Falls & Helen Hunt Falls, Molly Kathleen gold mine, Great Wolf Lodge, or Wolf & Wildlife Discovery Center.

Colorado
Level Contributor
13,098 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: travel itinerary

I would skip Estes Park. The town and Rocky Mountain National Park will be very crowded and it may be difficult to find lodging for only one night this late in the game.

Colorado Springs has a lot to offer for families as noted above.

You might also use this trip planning resource for other ideas: https://www.colorado.com/colorado-field-guide

Reply to: travel itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted