We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

I am planning to visit California with my wife and two young teens in July, and will road trip from San Diego to San Francisco over two weeks. Need a full size car with luggage space. Kids would love a convertible, however this would be impractical. Was considering an SUV such as Ford Escape, but see a number of rental companies offering the Dodge Charger, which definitely has a "muscle car" appeal. The Charger appears roomy and comfortable, but I wonder at the size of the trunk, and the visibility out of the rear windows - which look quite small in pictures. If anyone can give me an account of their experience with a Dodge Charger as a full-size family rental, I would appreciate it.

Brett - New Zealand

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,275 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

I think it was a Charger that I was offered by a rental company, but those back windows looked way too small. So I climbed in the back to check it out, and determined that as a back seat passenger, my view would be almost all car. So I asked for something else. I think the rental person was surprised that I didn't want this nice car she'd offered.

Ask your teens which 'level' of car they'd prefer. If they don't mind no visibility (missing those fabulous views!) in order to get a 'cool car', then go for it.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

This same question was posed a few years ago by another traveler. I happen to know someone who drives a Charger and I asked him about the trunk space. He said he could hide a body in there. Made me laugh, that one.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

Looking for a Dodge or Mustang convertible to hire - 5 days 6-11 July from jfk any ideas?

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

Looking for a Dodge Charge or Mustang soft-top 5-11 July (NY) any reccommondations on best palce to book??

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,275 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

Hi Wes B, and welcome to TripAdvisor forums.

Please start your own question as your trip is probably different than Brett's. You're definitely coming from different countries, so the recommendations will differ.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

Wes B

Please start your own thread for your question. This thread is over a year old and belongs to another TA member who will now be notified via their email that there is a new "response".

Just go to the top of the original question in the box, click on "Ask a question" and create your own thread. You will get responses that pertain to your question and the original poster won't get inundated with emails with answers that should be going to you.

Thanks

I win the Tardy Tiara for typing today! Yippee!!

Edited: 31 May 2012, 21:11
London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

Thanks Tardy Tiara ;)

8. Re: Seeking advice on Dodge Charger rental for family road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:13