We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Disneyland Anaheim from Knotts Berry Farm

sydlilly
13 posts
Save Topic
How far is Disneyland Anaheim from Knotts Berry Farm

Hi

Can anyone tell me how far Disneyland is from Knotts Berry Farm?

I'm dealing with my TA and they have given me an option for a tour to Knotts Berry Farm which is about $60AUD more expensive than if i just bought the tickets themselves. If i was to catch a bus or taxi how much would that be? What are you bus rates in California?

Thanks for the help.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,214 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Disneyland Anaheim from Knotts Berry Farm

The two parks are 6.5 miles (10.5 km) apart. There is a METRO BUS (THE #460) that connects the two parks (as well as other sites). Schedules at MTA.NET (Enter the two park's names in the boxes in the upper right corner of the home page, select the day of the week and time and a schedule will appear). The ride takes 25 minutes and the fare is $1.25 per person

If you take a taxi, the fare will run about $20 (plus 15 percent tip) each way.

Have fun!

sydlilly
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Disneyland Anaheim from Knotts Berry Farm

Oh thanks HopSkip Jump, i went through my previous post with you and noticed you had already told me they were 15mins apart.

My TA has qouted me $337 AUD for a tour to seaworld but i was wondering if could do both seaworld and san diego zoo in one day?

If i wanted to catch the AMTRAK as you suggested is it safe or should i just opt for the for the tour as suggested.

Last question - how far are the beaches from Anahiem i noticed you mentioned orange county but is it far and is it a nice beach?

Probably wont get enough time to do everything but we will try.

Thanks for the help again :)

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,263 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Disneyland Anaheim from Knotts Berry Farm

Hi there sydilly!

Sea World and the San Diego Zoo cannot be done together in one day. I don't think I would go for the tour. Seems expensive to me. Do you know that you can plan tours when you get to Anaheim with Greyline or the Anaheim Visitors' Center?

I don't know how long your stay is, but have you given any thought to spending some of it in San Diego? You could get there using the Amtrack and stay two or three days downtown and be able to use public transportation to get around. Also from downtown SD you can take a ferry to Coronado, across the San Diego Bay. There is a beautiful beach there.

If you want to visit any of the Orange County beaches without a car, imho, the best way would be to take a tour with the Anaheim Visitors' Center that goes to all the major OC beaches. They are hard to get to by public transport, but you can do it - it just won't be fun to go to the bus by bus and it would take forever. Google the Anaheim Vistors' Center + Woody Tour and you should be able to find a webpage that tells you about that tour.

Beaches in Orange County are:

Huntington

Newport

Balboa Pier

Corona Del Mar

Laguna

If you can, I recommend renting a car because you are interested in really getting around. I think it will pay off because it would be cheaper than taking a lot of tours. There are often discounts here for various places. (Although not Disneyland.) Also, I don't know if you know but there is something called a City Pass available on the Disney Website that gives you a special deal including Disneyland park hopper tickets, Knotts, Seaworld, and maybe San Diego Zoo too.

sydlilly
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Disneyland Anaheim from Knotts Berry Farm

Thanks Redland Redhead, i dont really want to drive in the US. Can you tell me how long and how much it would cost for me to get to Sea World San Diego from Anahiem - and whether i can purchase these tickets online?

We will have to come back to see the Zoo next time.

Thanks for your help.

5. Re: How far is Disneyland Anaheim from Knotts Berry Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 22:47