We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.

Bozeman, Montana
8 posts
1 review
Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.

Hi everyone!

I'm taking my husband on a little getaway at the end of October for his birthday. I booked Allegiant air so we will be flying into the mesa/phoenix airport and I am trying to decide where to take him as we haven't spent very much time in that area. I am trying to decide between staying in Phoenix, going to Scottsdale or driving up to Sedona after we land. Its just going to be him and I (We are in our 30's). He loves a good view but he isn't a hiker (I am an avid hiker but unfortunately probably won't get very much in this trip as I'm trying to make this all about him). He does like to bike ride on vacations though. He really needs a relaxing getaway and is a big foodie. Which town/city would you recommend? Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,719 Reviews
from US$ 399.99*
US$ 520.00
Special Offer
45-minute Helicopter Flight Over the...
656 Reviews
from US$ 276.99*
US$ 299.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,232 Reviews
from US$ 139.99*
US$ 224.90
5 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.

From Mesa. consider driving up the 87 to Winslow ... Where the restored "Harvey House" hotel has fine food service... "Stand on the corner'. Have a Navajo taco,see the Petrified Forest . Then, drive the scenic US 60. back to the "valley" ...Happy trails ... carracar

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
2. Re: Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.

I recommend Sedona for relaxation and great views. There are many easy walks among the red rocks, and great dining opportunities.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
371 reviews
3. Re: Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.

Definitely Sedona! Sedona has a mystical feeling that you will understand once you arrive there and gaze at the beautiful big red rocks. There is something for everyone. Consider a pink jeep tour - broken arrow. Go out to Red Rock Crossing and take a picnic lunch or go at the end of the day and enjoy the sunset! There are many amazing restaurants to satisfy any foodie. Tell us what kind of food you like before we make recommendations.

Level Contributor
39,045 posts
1,014 reviews
4. Re: Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.

Sedona! Plan a meal at Cress@ Oak Creek for a nice gourmet food experience. 🌵

Bozeman, Montana
8 posts
1 review
5. Re: Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.

Thank you, everyone! Sedona it is :).

Reply to: Destination help for husbands birthday getaway.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted