We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Trip to Sedona/Grand Canyon

Raleigh
1 post
Planning Trip to Sedona/Grand Canyon

We are planning a trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon for April. Parents are driving their RV out there, but we will be flying, renting a car, and meeting them. We have reservations for 3 nights in a RV park in Sedona and 3 nights in Trailer Village RV park.

I am wondering if the three night in GC is one or two too many? If so, is there another place recommended for visiting, keeping in mind that we will be circling back to Phoenix?

2 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Planning Trip to Sedona/Grand Canyon

That is a tough one but In my opinion 3 nights is a perfect amount of time, especially if it is your first visit the Grand Canyon. On the other hand we have had family in town and even though it was their first visit they seemed to have had enough of the GC after 2 nights. When taking family to the GC I usually wake up early and depart the park using the East exit with one final stop at the Desert View point. Take Highway 89 back to Flagstaff. Using that route you could have stops at the Wupatki National Monument and Sunset Crater if you think those sights might interest you.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Planning Trip to Sedona/Grand Canyon

What are planning on doing for 3 days at the Grand Canyon? It will be much colder than Raleigh. When we visited last year at the end of April it was 26F (wind chill 20F) out at night along the Rim while stargazing and Milky Way imaging:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152544914@N02/34005755180/

Reply to: Planning Trip to Sedona/Grand Canyon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted