We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Thoughts: Gr. Canyon S., Zion, Bryce, Page, Sedona

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Itinerary Thoughts: Gr. Canyon S., Zion, Bryce, Page, Sedona

I'm planning a road trip in September from Texas to Grand Canyon/Utah areas. I'm getting overwhelmed trying to figure out an Itinerary. I've already reserved 2 nights at the Grand Canyon S. Rim, so the rest of my my road trip will start from there. Besides the GC, I have Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Page, and Sedona on my list to see. I don't know whether I should go South to Sedona first, or North to Zion, Bryce, Page first.My traveling style is more laid back and I want to make sure I have rest/down time included. This is my tentative Itinerary. What do you think?

Gr. Canyon S. Rim to Zion. 3 nights in Zion. (Want to do Jeep tour, maybe helicopter tour.)

Zion to Bryce Canyon. 1 night in Bryce.

Bryce to Page. 2 nights in Page.(Want to do river trip & Antelope Canyon tours.)

Page to Sedona. 3 nights in Sedona, then head back home.

Does this sound reasonable? Too much driving? Help!

2 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,351 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary Thoughts: Gr. Canyon S., Zion, Bryce, Page, Sedona

Yes, the plan is reasonable. I like the order too. Sedona will be the most relaxing place in your itinerary. Good to be there last.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Itinerary Thoughts: Gr. Canyon S., Zion, Bryce, Page, Sedona

Thank you for your response! Is there a way to travel South from Bryce to Page and Sedona without retracing my steps going North from GC?

Reply to: Itinerary Thoughts: Gr. Canyon S., Zion, Bryce, Page, Sedona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted