We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millers Landing to Seward ?

boston, Ma
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Millers Landing to Seward ?

Hi,

We will be staying at Millers Landing in our RV. My fiance will be fishing for full day, I will have the day to explore. How far a walk is downtown Seward from Millers? Or about how much would a taxi cost for that trip (and would it be easy to get one). I would prefer not to unhook the RV if it is not a long walk or taxi.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Millers Landing to Seward ?

too far to walk, more like a hike around 2.5 miles total. not sure about cab costs, maybe somebody else can answer that for you. I would ask around campground to see if anybody else was headed into town

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Millers Landing to Seward ?

People walk and bike it all the time, though it might not always be that pleasant if it's raining & muddy or dry & dusty. It's a wide, single lane gravel road along the beautiful rocky coast and I often see lots of wildlife such as sea otters, sea lions, lots of birds etc.

Taxi is $10-$15 and usually easy to get one.

See what the weather is like and check out the road on the way in and decide that day. If you like to walk and it's a nice day.. maybe walk in and taxi back.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Millers Landing to Seward ?

Does your campground have a shuttle service? I seem to recall in doing our research that one of them in that area does.

boston, Ma
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Millers Landing to Seward ?

Great, thanks for the input! I love to walk, so a 2.5 mile walk there and a taxi back may be perfect.

Thanks again!

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Millers Landing to Seward ?

Ask Millers about a van to town.Afew years back they had one it was like $5.00 each way.We took it to keep from unhooking the RV also.

6. Re: Millers Landing to Seward ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 02:48