We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort recommendation for teens?

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
700 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Resort recommendation for teens?

I will be travelling in March with my 15 year old son. We've been to Varadero several times but would like to try somewhere different this year. I was looking at Brisas Guardalavaca because I like the idea of the villa, as well as being able to walk to the market and restaurants offsite. When visiting Varadero, we love to go into town to walk around and have a meal as a break from the resort food. I know there isn't much of a "town" around the Holguin resort areas, but would I be better off at Brisas, or in the Playa Pesquero area? Any other thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Guardalavaca Beach
Guardalavaca Beach
1,215 Reviews
Cuba
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
4,412 Reviews
Cuba
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
725 Reviews
Cuba
2 replies to this topic
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort recommendation for teens?

I think if you don't use transport and like to walk or just stroll around then it would be easier to access the public markets of Guardalavaca and the public beach where something is always interesting to do. The Club Amigo resort next door have Villas and they are lovely as well you may like to check that resort if you haven't chosen already.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort recommendation for teens?

Pesquero is a far superior resort. You can always hop in a cab for less than 10 CUC's and spend a few hours in Guardalavaca. That's all the time you'd need there anyway. In March, your 15 year old will certainly find plenty of people his own age to keep occupied.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Resort recommendation for teens?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted