We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
714 posts
54 reviews
walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?

Are there any resorts in holguin within walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets? I know Brisas in Guardalavaca is close to some of these things, but wondering if there are other options? I was looking at Playa Pesquero as an option.

5 replies to this topic
saskatoon
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?

There is a market across from Hotel Playa Costa Verde hotel. I walked there from the Fiesta Americana Costa Verde( formerly Blau Costa Verde). The Hotel Playa Pesquero is on the other side of Hotel Costa Verde. I'm not sure of the distance. Carriages are always available . The outside market is located at the back of a newer strip mall which contains a bowling alley, money cadeca, goverment operated store, a couple of restaurants. upscale gift store and a couple of other shops. The restaurants aren't anything fancy. The market vendors are independents selling mostly the same as any other market. Never checked it at night but one night they had a party there after the show at the resort.

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?

There is a carnival at this market on Wednesday nights. There is representation from the Playa Pesquero resorts. Lots of entertainment, music and dancing. This is a 10 minute walk from the furthest hotel but lots of buggies and taxis for those who do not want to walk. It is a beautiful market and better prices than you will find with the sellers that come into the resort.

Allenford, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?

How far is this market from Brisas ?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
1,06,086 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?

It's 19 kilometres from Brisas, but there is a larger market in Guardalavaca itself.

Allenford, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?

Bellagio~ I know about Guardalavaca market the one down the street from Brisas but read on here that it had moved? ~S~

Reply to: walking distance to off resort restaurants or markets?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holguin