We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PRDO vs sol rio

3 posts
Save Topic
PRDO vs sol rio

Visiting Holguin for the second time in a week. My last time was at Sol Rio which I found to be a good hotel, this time will be at PRDO. How do these 2 hotels compare? I will be coming with 3 friends all males in our early 20’s. Is the entertainment, pool and food better at PRDO? Also curious about how much a taxi would cost if we wanted to go explore Holguin city for a day? Could the hotel make taxi arrangements? Thanks for your feedback!

3 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PRDO vs sol rio

Let' see...

4 young guys going to Cuba, staying at the PRDO. Hoping you aren't looking to party as it is a more laid back resort. Mostly older guests but can be a mixed bag as they do have a lot of weddings there. Entertainment is like most resorts, live bands and some shows. The PRDO has 2 sections, regular side and the Royal Service. Each has it's own pool. I don't know what the food is like at the Luna Mares as I haven't stayed there but we enjoy the food at the PRDO.

In regards to exploring, haven't done it so can't help you there but there are a lot of people on here who have so hopefully they can give you some advise.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
297 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PRDO vs sol rio

I have been to both of these hotels and in my opinion the PRDO food is better. As Shadow1 stated, PRDO can be a bit more of a laid back atmosphere, though my daughter enjoyed herself very much there (she was 19 at the time). If you want to set up a taxi to take you to Holguin (or anywhere else in the area), feel free to email Yoander Perez at yoander06@gmail.com either before you arrive or after.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
1,05,341 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PRDO vs sol rio

PRDO is a far superior hotel to Luna y Mares. It's a 5 star compared to a 3 star plus.

Reply to: PRDO vs sol rio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holguin