We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi trip to Holguin

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi trip to Holguin

We are going to Hotel Playa Pesquero in early December and wanted to go to Holguin for a day. Any suggestions on how to arrange this and what it might cost? We are going with 3 children, 12, 9 and 20 months old, so I am thinking I will stay at the resort with the baby and my husband will take the older boys.

Thank you!

10 replies to this topic
Alberta
Level Contributor
615 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

Taxis are right outside the lobby. I don't remember the price.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

nothing much in Holguin for your kids to do.... might be a wasted day. Taxi will be about $60 for the day, 3 hours in a car and about 2 hours to tour the city.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

It should run about $60 CUCs return. I agree with post 2-not much for the kids to see. There is a bus that leaves the resorts around 9 ish every morning for a trip to Holguin. As I recall, it returns around 1:30. The cost is $15 CUC per person. Are you aware of the Hop-on Hop-off bus that goes to the Guardalavaca craft market? $5 CUC per person.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

Flora check this website http://cubaguider.com you will find Yuri is highly recommended here on TA and apparently according to at least one review, a great babysitter as well; no need for you to stay at the hotel.

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

Thank you all for the replies! I will check the website.

I just wanted the kids to look around, not necessarily for entertainment purposes, but to see a different country.

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

I think Holguin is worth a visit just to see a Cuban city...stop at an ice cream place or food/drink place on the pedestrian street or on the main square and people watch....check out some of the non touristy stores to see what Cubans are buying...it's worth walking around the main square as well as the nearby square with the church.

As an alternative take a taxi to the seaside town of Gibara which is one of the more scenic towns in Cuba. It has a lot of history and is great to explore.

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

I know a good taxi driver in Holguín ,his name is Hugo and his email is hugoariestv@gmail.com, he is highly recommended 👌.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,216 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

Post 7.

He is highly recommended by whom ?

Just a question as I am curious.

9. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 December 2017, 03:05

north wales
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi trip to Holguin

We used guide called Joey we went to holguin and cayo bariay in same day.we have two kids age 8 and 4 and our kids enjoyed the day.it cost us 70cuc then was 8cuc per adult and 4cuc per child to get in cayo bariay to just go holguin it would of been 60cuc.email for guide we used is Yoander06@gmail.com Joey speaks perfect English and his dad drives the taxi he was great with our kids aswell I would definitely recommend him.

Reply to: Taxi trip to Holguin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holguin