We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

Singapore
Level Contributor
87 posts
285 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

Hi all,

Good day to everyone here!

Among all the 3 Baltic States, which city - Tallinn, Riga or Vilnius, is the best place to buy cheaper Wool/Cashmere sweaters/caps/scarves etc?

Much appreciated for any clues or ideas ....thanks in advance!

Julia

Singapore

Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

Prices in all Baltic states are more or less similar. There are no Uniqlo shops in the Baltics, but you can have a look at Zara or H&M stores, a bit more expensive but quality items to be found at Massimo Dutti shops, you can check everything online as well.

Singapore
Level Contributor
87 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

Hi

Oh, i see. Thank you so much for your input!

In fact, I was more keen on those openair stalls or little shops selling such items, not really after big names or branded stuff.

Much appreciated, really.

Julia

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

The stalls in the Old Town of Riga and the ethnic clothing shops are heavily overpriced. Try Riga Central Market. There are some people selling hand made woollen socks and mittens and an occasional sweater. Cashmere is all imported, Baltic states do not produce cashmere.

Singapore
Level Contributor
87 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

Hi

Sounds great to me, Riga Central Market!

Thanks so much!

Julia

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

Look for elderly ladies who sell their own hand made things. You still can find them in the Central Market. But a lot of stuff there is of course cheap clothing from Belorus, Turkey etc.

Singapore
Level Contributor
87 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

Hi

I see, understood !

Appreciate your kind assistance.

Julia

7. Re: Where to buy Wool/Cashmere sweaters?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2018, 09:49
Get answers to your questions about Riga