We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Trencin castle

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Parking near Trencin castle

I am going to spend a day in Trencin next summer. Could you advise if there is parking available near the castle? Maybe Mierové námestie is where the castle visitors am suppose to park? I am concerned because I try to find a hotel for 3, and nearby hotels rarely have rooms for 3. If there were parking near the castle, I would not care too much about the distance.

4 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
1. Re: Parking near Trencin castle

It's quite a sleepy town and parking shouldn't be too much of a problem... but I'm only guessing because I usually go there by train from Bratislava.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Parking near Trencin castle

Thank you Alex. I don't have that option; I travel in a car. But it appears that hotels nearby can put a third bed into the room for a reasonable extra, and Mierové námestie has a lot of (probably, free) parking. Either way works for me.

Slovakia
Level Contributor
95 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: Parking near Trencin castle

Close to The castle you can find a free parking (always check smaller streets in the city center), otherwise parking cost approximately 1 euro/hour (park close to Mierove namestie)

Bratislava,Slovakia
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Parking near Trencin castle

you can park for free in front of swimming pool in Trencin - here http://goo.gl/maps/hvUhb - it's cca 5mins walk to Mierove Namestie (you just cross the parking lot and go through the subway and you are on M.N.). Otherwise i recommend to park the car on Palackeho street http://goo.gl/maps/d1VOU which is next to the Mierove namestie where you have to pay 1EUR/hour from Monday - Friday 8.00 - 18.00, Sat 8.00 - 12.00. I do not recommend to go by car up to the castle neither park it on the small streets around - i'm not sure whether it's not forbidden, if not there is only limited space and if you want to travel responsibly, please, do not bring other metal boxes to the full streets and make the problem even worse ;) It's no such big deal to park&walk a bit or pay a little fee for the parking. If you need any other info feel free to ask, enjoy your trip!

Reply to: Parking near Trencin castle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trencin