We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Krakow

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Transport to Krakow

Hello,

I need to get from Bratislava to Krakow in July and I want to make sure I know all the options. I know there is an overnight train that will get me into Krakow at 6:30am, I can also get there via intercity trains but it has a transfer that is only a 10 minute window, which doesn't seem like enough time (unless the trains run like a swiss watch, ha). What are the bus options around the region? Any reliable companies I should look at?

Thanks a bunch!

-K

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
2 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
517 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Krakow

If you're talking about 10-minutes transfer at Breclav, that timing is not random. Trains are intentionally scheduled to meet there precisely so people can transfer in this direction :) This is normally cross-platform transfer and trains will normally wait for late connections (unless heavily delayed, which is very rare and in that case you can just take the next train).

I'm not sure about buses so I leave that to others :)

Edited: 11 June 2018, 07:08
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
517 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Krakow

You could also take 11:10 train to Katowice and change there for one of numerous buses to Krakow. There are plenty of them :)

Mentioned in this post
Katowice
Katowice
Silesia Province, Poland
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Reply to: Transport to Krakow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;