We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Olomouc

Level Contributor
24 posts
Bus to Olomouc

Hi everyone,

I will arrive on Bratislava Airport on 16 June at around 22:00 pm, then I’m supposed to travel to Olomouc. Could anyone please share infos where I could pick up a bus from there to olomouc? Any recomendion?😊

Thank you very much

4 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Bus to Olomouc

I don't think there is a direct bus from Bratislava to Olomouc. You could take 23:04 train to Ostrava (arrival 2:01) and change there for a RegioJet train to Olomouc at 2:25. Problem is that catching 23:04 is so-so for arrival at 22:00 and you can easily fail. Also transfer in Ostrava is not guaranteed as those trains are operated by different companies (but if you miss RegioJet there is another train from Ostrava to Olomouc at 3:43).

Another option would be taking RegioJet bus from Bratislava to Brno at 2:15 (arrival at 4:00) and change there for a train to Olomouc at 5:23. You would arrive to Olomouc just before 7.

But unless you're in hurry, stay the night in Bratislava and travel on the next day. There is a train option via Breclav available every 2 hours during the day that takes just 2 and half hours (more than 2 hours less than nightime options listed above).

Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Bus to Olomouc

Thank you for informations. Since I’m traveling alone, probably is more safe if I overnight in airport then go to Bratislava Hvalna stanica (8.1 km from airport) and get earliest train to olomouc. My only concern is that can get ticket on train station just before my departure? And may I use euro currency?

Thank you

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,541 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Bus to Olomouc

The official currency of Slovakia is Euro, so yes.

Level Contributor
24 posts
4. Re: Bus to Olomouc

Great, thank you.

Reply to: Bus to Olomouc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted