We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Budapest

West Midlands
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas in Budapest

I am trying to arrange a surprise Christmas city break to Budapest, either for a long weekend or Monday to Friday. Could anyone suggest a reputable tour company that includes in their package; Flights, transfers to and from the airport and accomodation?

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Budapest

I have just come back from Budapest with my wife, we went for a 5 day break just like you are considering. It was so simple to arrange. Jet2 fly there daily from Manchester at about £ 120 return, stayed at Mercure central hotel, very central and spotless at about £50 per night and the transfers were so easy to arrange. We touched down, went to currency desk and simply asked. 5 mins later a Mercedes people carrier turned up and took us straight to hotel for £15.

It was very very simple and if you want any more info please "message me". Regards nigel

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Budapest

You have so much time, and Budapest is such a well organized tourist city that it makes little sense to hire a tour operator. You can get virtually everything you need here at TA from all the regulars who can give you the basics and all the little hidden secrets. All you have to do is ask.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Budapest

HI living and working in the tourist industry in Hungary I agree you have enough time to manage all bookings on your own, use a low cost flight, chech TA for recomended hotels in the price and area of the city you want and airport to hotel transfer use airport minibusses address to address about 10 dollars per person. Be glad to give you some hotel suggestions once you have an idea of your budget! Its close to 90 F here now so Christnas seems a bit far awy!!

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Budapest

Hello seanref, you have picked a really nice destination for Christmas. As everyone said, you have lots of time to organize your own tour, unless you want to pay the double for your stay.

Some ideas for Dec: Christmas Markets on Vorosmarty square and in front of the Basilica (there are many concerts too on the fair), ice skating in the open air rink by the City park (skates can be hired), Royal Fair on Kiraly street, Quarter6Quarter7 Festival

5. Re: Christmas in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:47