We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money should I take to Budapest?

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Topic
How much money should I take to Budapest?

Hello,

I am going to Budapest in June for about 11 days and I have booked my accomodation in a hostel called "Carpe Noctem".

Can someone tell me how much money would I need to take with me for my trip.

My accomadation is paid for so that can be scrathed off my the list, I like going out to clubs and having a drink and ofcourse since I am in Budapest I would like to see the city too and the attractions.

So how many Euros wil I need to take?

Thanks

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,931 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money should I take to Budapest?

Hi,

Hungary has their own currency; Forints. Please take a look at the right hand side under the heading Top Questions about Budapest to find the answers to your questions (The local currency is the Forint, not Euro. What is the best way to get Forints? + How much money should I bring/budget?).

Pippi

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money should I take to Budapest?

The amount? It depends on what are planning to do. Buying properties? Dumpster-diving for a half bread? Locals spend a few thousand HUFs each day, tourists spend that much every hour. Tell us some of your planned activities, else the info will be as useful as a heater in Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money should I take to Budapest?

Well its a backpacking trip so I certainly wont be buying properties and coming so far for Dumpster diving for a loaf of bread doesn't quite cut it!

I will probably figure about whats needed when I get der, Thanks for ur help anyway...

-A

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money should I take to Budapest?

Well, you are coming from Dubai, people there arent exactly poor, and most probably arent looking for low-cost things.

IMHO then 10000 HUF (~55USD)/day would be more than the necessary amount for eating and entry fees. Per head, that is.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much money should I take to Budapest?

Raw lee's right, but I am conservative, so I advise guests that $100/day per person will leave them with money to take home...

6. Re: How much money should I take to Budapest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:46