We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding B&B or pension with early breakfast

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
120 reviews
Help finding B&B or pension with early breakfast

I’m planning a solo trip to Budapest in late summer. I’m hoping to find a decent and reasonably priced place to stay that offers a breakfast buffet. I’m not picky about the breakfast as long as there is some protein and brewed coffee. What I do care about is the time when breakfast is served. I wake up at sunrise and want to eat something fairly soon thereafter. Also, I want to get a fairly early start on exploring the city. I like to make the most of the daylight. So, for me, breakfast at 8:00 a.m. is too late. My preference would really be 6:00, but I’d settle for 7:00. Does anyone know of a decent and affordable place in Budapest that offers breakfast at that hour? Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Help finding B&B or pension with early breakfast

Would you consider an apartment with its own kitchen?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,757 posts
121 reviews
2. Re: Help finding B&B or pension with early breakfast

The hotel we stay at serves breakfasts tat 8:00. The staff gets there an hour or more earlier to get things going. Fresh breakfast foods are delivered then and they begin baking fresh croissants and squeezing OJ. To push breakfast back an hour or more would mean they'd have to get in correspondingly earlier. It seems doubtful to me you're going to find such a place.

You could get out, sight-see for a while, then relax with a nice 9:00 stop for breakfast.

Pjk

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
302 posts
165 reviews
3. Re: Help finding B&B or pension with early breakfast

We've had several colleagues use http://www.beatrixhotel.hu/en/ over the past few years with good results

It is located away from the city center but has bus/tram stops nearby that connect with the transport hub Széll Kálmán tér.

From our experience, breakfast starts at 7:00 AM!

There are several reviews on TA that you can look over.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,974 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Help finding B&B or pension with early breakfast

Please define 'affordable'.

Reply to: Help finding B&B or pension with early breakfast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted