We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Springfield...
Level Contributor
361 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Staying at Intercontinental Hotel on the Danube for three days...Breakfast is included. But will be needing dinner. Basic not adventurous eaters and reasonable unless good food comes with a fabulous view then pay more. Suggestions as there seem so many but want close to hotel if possible walking distance. Suggestions please and thank you....be there next week so can we still eat outside? Have coats and hats packed!

10 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Most restaurants with outdoor seating have taken away the outdoor seating. I suggest searching on TA for restaurants that suit you. Most restaurants near the hotel are touristy with tourist prices. You will want to get a few blocks away. Everyone on here has their likes and dislikes which is why I suggest you go through TA. It is broken down by cuisine so you don’t have look through hundreds of listings. You can select Hungarian, Mediterranium, Italian, or steaks, burgers, pizza among many others.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

About ten or fifteen minutes walk away is the Gerloczy Brasserie & Rooms Deluxe ---> http://www.gerloczy.hu

Not only is it a great hotel but also a great restaurant. They have outdoor seating or seating just inside of French windows. You can read the set menu on their web page but there are also specials written on chalk boards outside.

Pjk

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Some of my favorites are:

Mazel Tov

Aszu Etterem

La Coppola

21 Hungarian Kitchen

Lado Café

Springfield...
Level Contributor
361 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Thanks that looks like a good menu for us and a great location. I printed off the walking directions already!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

There's a piano player, Istvan, on the weekend.

Pjk

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Hello Birthday Gal,

I enjoy helping fellow Illinois-ers. The good news is that the IC is within walking distance of some great options. If you were my family or friends, I'd want you to have a peak into these all within a 10-15 minute stroll: (in no specific order - all reviewed here on TA):

1. Comme Chez Soi

2. Baraka

3. Iguana

4. Dionysos

5. Pomo d'oro

6. Osteria

7. Hold utca pica/market (lunch)

8. Gian Mario's

Enjoy.

Jeremy

Springfield...
Level Contributor
361 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Thanks so much I will check out all of these online and have great options. Much appreciated

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
811 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

I too would like to thank Jeremy F, I am fine-tuning my restaurant list and both Iguana and Comme Chez Soi look fantastic for us.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Comme Chez Soi requires a reservation possibly even 2 months out.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food

Hi Birthday Gal and CapieGirl,

My best wishes for finding the best restaurant that matches your needs. Budapest has so many wonderful dining experiences - across the spectrum for cuisine, budget, atmosphere, etc. As a food lover and local, I want to share my experiences so others may benefit versus simply reading the "top 10" restaurants (although some of those are mine too!)

Have a wonderful stay. Budapest is simply a fantastic city to live in and enjoy - and great for tourists.

High regards,

Jeremy

Reply to: Restaurants around Intercontinental reasonable/good food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted