We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are these gums

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
118 reviews
What are these gums

Hi guys, I'm in Budapest at the moment and am curious as to why I'm being offered these winegum type sweets. I'm sure it's something illegal but curiosity is getting to me lol. It's happened several times in Vaci Street.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,494 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: What are these gums

Did you taste one? I think they are types of soap. It's a come-on to get you to enter the shop and buy something.

Pjk

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
154 reviews
2. Re: What are these gums

Been here since August, been on Vaci many times and never been offered anything but soap in front of Seacrest. It is not gum, it is soap.

Edited: 18 October 2017, 20:14
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: What are these gums

😂😂 wow I freaked out from a little bit of soap then. I'm not sure which shop it was I will take a look later.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3,141 posts
4. Re: What are these gums

Why were you sure it was something illegal?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: What are these gums

Rawlee, to answer your question. I have been to many countries where I have had people coming up to me offering drugs in different guises. Definitely not soap then lol

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
104 reviews
6. Re: What are these gums

I saw them too a few years ago and also thought they were sweets, my friend said it must be soap as they were outside a spa / beauty type place if I recall correctly.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3,141 posts
7. Re: What are these gums

Then those countries must be awful places. I have never heard of such thing ever happening here.

8. Re: What are these gums

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: yesterday, 09:47