We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this P+R "up and running" ?

1 post
Save Topic
Is this P+R "up and running" ?

Hello all !

I'll visit Budapest next week and I need to know that "P+R Parkoló Budapest Margit híd - Budai hídfő" ( https://goo.gl/maps/3k8oqiH7XJ62 ) is still available, as I have some old info about it.

Also appear to be free of charge even during working-days, according to street parking indicator noticed in picture.

Which is a far better alternative to much more expensive parking places around Margit Hid.

Thank you in advance !

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Budai Hotel
Budai Hotel
44 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
3 replies to this topic
Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
958 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this P+R "up and running" ?

Is there a reason you want to park near Margit Hid ?

The very limited parking you mention is likely to be full even early in the day, sure you could give it a try.

How long are you in B'pest ? Is it just a day's free parking you're looking for ? Where are you coming from ?

You can find reliable free parking (much bigger) on the M2 metro line, and reasonably priced park & rides at terminuses.

15 euro gets you a days parking in most city centre garages.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
826 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this P+R "up and running" ?

Hi,

I was passing the "crime scene" :)), today at 1:50 PM. I guess there were at least a dozen or so empty spots. Some were big enough for a 62 ft 40 tons truck.

Anyway its August in Budapest, the peak of the "town leaving season" and there is 2-3 times more parking space available than usual. Only the Heroes Square and the Buda Castle areas affected, one due to enormous tourist crowds, the other one is due to megalomaniac (de)reconstruction disaster.

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Heroes' Square
Heroes' Square
9,931 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Buda Castle
Buda Castle
6,520 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
278 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this P+R "up and running" ?

I also passed this lot today (Thursday) and indeed saw many empty spots.

However, I saw something else that may explain all the empty spots; a parking meter machine!

Reply to: Is this P+R "up and running" ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted