We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New airport bus 100E

Cagliari, Italy
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
New airport bus 100E

From 8th of July a new airport bus between Airport F.Liszt - Deak Ferenc ter (downtown).

Details here:

https:/…

121 replies to this topic
Budapest
Level Contributor
425 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New airport bus 100E

Here's a much better article: https://welovebudapest.com/budapest.and.hung…

They're unveiling this just before the World Aquatics Championships held in Budapest that officially start on July 14. I'm also interested if the travel times will actually be 35 minutes from Deák tér.

Cagliari, Italy
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New airport bus 100E

Day after day the news about the new airport bus are more detailed;)

Here is the official website of public transport announces the new line:

bkk.hu/en/…

and the departing times from the airport:

bkk.hu/en/…

From the city center Deak F. ter to the airport the timetable is the same.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New airport bus 100E

note that the fare--a super reasonable 900 forints--requires a special ticket and is not covered by the daily or weekly passes

anyone know whether the vending machines have the new tickets? and if so, only at the stops or elsewhere as well? that is, can one buy these tickets at Ferenciek tere for example, and if so at the machines or only in the bkk shop

Cagliari, Italy
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New airport bus 100E

Hi @John,

according to the public transport link (post 2):

"Shuttle bus single ticket required for the ride to the airport

A special ticket type is required for line 100E: the airport shuttle bus single ticket costs 900 Forints. No other types of tickets or passes will be accepted for travel. BKK advises passengers to get their tickets in advance at any customer service centre, ticket office or ticket vending machine."

So surely at Ferenciek tere at least in the BKK shop (knowing the reality of facts...), but in this link below they say one can buy the single ticket on board too, without surcharge:

bkk.hu/apps/menetrend/pdf/1005/20170708/1.pdf

I'll try the system personally at the first days of August;).

Best regards.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,310 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New airport bus 100E

Think I will stick to the old way for the time being, especially as my pass covers it - and I am more confident of the metro/ bus route not being affected by delays. And the current system offers every 7-9 minutes, not every 30.

However, anyone arriving on a late flight will find the last departure at 00:30 very helpful.

Edited: 03 July 2017, 20:00
nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New airport bus 100E

i tend to agree with Roman: the great virtue of the Metro is that it does not need to struggle with traffic, and the more frequent departures leverage the potential time saving

BUT, if you are traveling with a lot of stuff avoiding the change from bus to Metro, especially if unfamiliar with the system, should make this a very desirable and inexpensive solution

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New airport bus 100E

Does anybody have a map of the new 100E bus route?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,310 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New airport bus 100E

If the BKK website doesn't show it then it is unlikely anwhere else will.

And the website says 'direct access' so I think it unlikely there will be stops along the way.

Tickets are not yet aailable from ticket machines, at least they weren't last evening.

Edited: 04 July 2017, 11:25
9. Re: New airport bus 100E

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2017, 14:00

10. Re: New airport bus 100E

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2017, 14:00

Reply to: New airport bus 100E
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted