We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with Parking and walk to centre

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
21 reviews
Hotel with Parking and walk to centre

Hello,

I will be arriving in Ljubljana late in the morning (in September) will stay the rest of the day and evening. We are looking for a hotel recommendation very close to the centre with parking. Would love to leave the car and explore the city on foot. We will only have this one day as we are on a road trip throughout the Balkans

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,307 reviews
1. Re: Hotel with Parking and walk to centre

We recommend

Grand Hotel Union_Ljubljana

Do upgrade to a Castle view room

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Hotel with Parking and walk to centre

The Grand Hotel Union is great just very expensive, usually - I stayed there one night when it was at a discount, and it was worth it, if only for the view and perfect location. I would never have stayed there at the normal rate.

Otherwise, for only one day, I wouldn't worry much - just park in one of the public parking lots at the overnight rate (might be 20 euros/night or something). In other words, I wouldn't make "hotel must have free parking" a requirement. Instead, consider the total cost of any lodging you choose plus the cost of a nearby parking garage. Contact the property to ask about parking options - they would know which garages nearby you can use. Occasionally some of them have subsidized rates.

Where are the parking garages? I know there is one near Kongresni trg. I stayed at a place last year near the Dragon Bridge that had subsidized parking in the garage next to the big Spar grocery store near the bridge, but I wound up not needing to park there. I rented a car for a day from AvantCar and saw they had a parking garage shared with the adjacent Hotel Central (at Trdinova ulica and Miklošičeva cesta).

A B&B I stayed at a few years ago called the B&B Slamic (now pretty popular I think) used to have limited free parking. It was a decent place.

So there are a few options for you.

London Ontario
Level Contributor
728 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Hotel with Parking and walk to centre

We stayed at the Kollmann Apartments. Beautiful location, extremely comfortable rooms right on the river and near tons of restaurants. We left our car in the parking garage literally five minutes ( probably less) away. Cost wasn’t too much. I think 24 Euros and we were there two nights.

https://ljubljana-apartments.eu/en/

Reply to: Hotel with Parking and walk to centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted