We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kranjska Gora and the around

Malta
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Kranjska Gora and the around

Can anyone help me as I am confused. Which way is best to visit Kranjska Gora and all the around? Lake jasna, trenta valley, soca and vrsic pass? Which one is best to start with? Is parking easy in all these places? Thanks a lot

4 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19,517 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Kranjska Gora and the around

By car, and only by car. Parking depends on season and time of the day. At Jasna finding a spot is easier then at Vršič Pass, yet with a bit of luck and patience you will get a spot at all locations.

Malta
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Kranjska Gora and the around

Thanks for your answer. And how can we do them one by one? I mean start from kranjska gora and then lake jasna and trenta valley or other way round?

UK
Level Contributor
356 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Kranjska Gora and the around

Either way is fine - Kranjska Gora, Jasna, Vrsic, Trenta or the other way round. The views of the Soca valley may be most spectacular if you do them from the KG end.

Where are you going afterwards? If you are returning to KG, consider taking the other pass (Predil) on the way back. This means following the road to Log pod Mangartom instead of back to Trenta when you head north from Bovec.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
301 posts
165 reviews
4. Re: Kranjska Gora and the around

We are currently staying at a location overlooking Lake Jasna and Road 206.

We took this drive today and started at the Kranjska Gora end and drove to Bovec. We found ample parking at all spots along the route and found the drive to be very nice. We stopped about 10 times so the drive took us about 2.5 hours.

After spending a short time in Bovec, we retraced our route back to the hotel at Lake Jasna. We are glad we did this since we did get to see the route from a different vantage point.

Edited: 07 July 2018, 21:24
Reply to: Kranjska Gora and the around
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kranjska Gora