We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juliana trail - avoiding Italy

London, United...
1 post
Juliana trail - avoiding Italy
Save

Hello, we are thinking of hiking the Juliana Trail in September but at the moment would not be able to enter Italy coming from the UK. Is there a route that avoids crossing the border? Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
1. Re: Juliana trail - avoiding Italy
Save

Check out this interactive map of the Juliana Trail: https://julian-alps.com/mobile/sl/tour/daljinska-pot/juliana-trail/34541732/#dm=1

Between Bovec and Kranjska Gora, follow “AAT” (Alpe Adria Trail) over Vrsic Pass instead.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
954 posts
2. Re: Juliana trail - avoiding Italy
Save

Can I interrupt and ask a related question (or two)? I always see the trail presented in a clock-wise direction. Are there any negatives in walking it in the reverse direction (such as terrain or accommodation logistics)? I'd like to hike only part of it and possibly counter clock-wise. I don't think I have the stamina to do the whole trail. Any comments on the degree of difficulty would be great. Is the trail well marked?

Reply to: Juliana trail - avoiding Italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.