We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpine Slovenia in November

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Alpine Slovenia in November

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Slovenia at the beginning of November. Total our trip will be 8 days, 2 of which will be spent in Ljubljana. We'd like to spend the rest of the time in the national parks - we are avid hikers and love the outdoors and are excited for the exceptional scenery Alpine Slovenia has to offer.

Any recommendations for what areas to go to in our 6 days in the park? Right now I think Lake Bled, Soca Valley, Trenta Valley and Logar Valley, but please advise.

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Upper Carniola Region, Slovenia
Lake Bled
Lake Bled
7,791 Reviews
Bled, Slovenia
Soca Valley
Soca Valley
96 Reviews
Bovec, Slovenia
4 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alpine Slovenia in November

It is highly likely that in November the weather in the alpine area will not be suitable for hiking in the areas above 1000 m. However, there are many trails which can also be very inspiring and enjoyable.

Logar valley is especially nice, but not accessible by public transport.

Višnja Gora
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alpine Slovenia in November

Main question is do you rent a car or not. With a car you will be extremly more mobile and you can see more and change the plan due to weather.

Condition in the mountain in early November can be like in the winter or still autumn. Who know? Ask before you go high.

Still you have many very nice option in other part of Slovenia in that case.

Your plan is OK.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alpine Slovenia in November

We're planning on renting a car - I want the freedom to be able to see more!

Any recommendations of who we should be checking in with regarding the conditions of the treks/hikes?

Višnja Gora
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alpine Slovenia in November

It's hard to get info in English, so the best to ask here on the forum and we will help you with info about the weather and mountain condition.

You can ask also on PM.

Reply to: Alpine Slovenia in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted