We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Treviso Airport Italy to Slovenia Via A4

Island of Gozo...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling from Treviso Airport Italy to Slovenia Via A4

Hi, we will be travelling to Slovenia, direction Postojna from Treviso Airport in two weeks time and we planned to drive via the autostrada A4.

Is there any better route from where I can pass? From google maps it resulted that there are toll charges. It is possible to use cash to pay at the toll right? Do you only pass once on the same autostrada? Is there any reliable website from can I check if there are any road works going on? This is my first time driving abroad (we only drove around the greek islands and scotland which is very different) Any extra help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Višnja Gora
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Treviso Airport Italy to Slovenia Via A4

HI

It's a toll in Italy, you can pay with cash, I think only one time. Also for Slovenia you need vignetta for motorway. Buy it on petrol station before you reach the border or on the border. But you MUST buy it on the border, after can be some vignetty control and fine is 150€, vignetta only 15€/7days.

https:/…About_the_vignette

There are some works all around. Delays are possible, depend of the time in the day and which day (Friday, Saturday, Monday morning)

But don't worry about driving, it's easy.

Island of Gozo...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Treviso Airport Italy to Slovenia Via A4

Thanks a lot for you reply! We will be travelling on Wednesday so maybe there won't be so much delays, but anyway we will be on a vacation therefore we have no particular hurry! I planned in buying the vignette from an auto grill or petrol station, I assume there are plenty on the way.

Thanks for your time in answering my questions!

Reply to: Travelling from Treviso Airport Italy to Slovenia Via A4
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted