We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you

Edmonton, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
Thank you

Many thanks to those who replied to my querys about solo senior travel in Poland and to my query about Luszczanowice. I found all the replies very helpful. I have decided that my options are :- going from city to city by train, researching the tour companies for a suitable itinerary, and/or trying to find someone to travel with me.

A few years ago I drove around Europe solo for about 8 weeks. It seems to me that Poland could be a bit more of a challenge.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you

It depends where you are going. If you drive from one big city to an other, it should not be much of a challenge as the number of highways is increasing from year to year. If you drive mainly in provincial areas, it can be a bit challenging, compared to what you are used.

Due to construction work on the tracks on some major routes, it might be better to fly in some cases (e.g. Warsaw- Gdansk takes many hours and is quite exhausting).

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you

Having driven a lot in Poland I wouldn't discourage anyone from doing the same. The most challenging part I think is that when you get to some cities the parking charges can be very high.

3. Re: Thank you

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 15:54