We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in warsaw.

Loch Lomond and The...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first time in warsaw.

i will be travelling alone to warsaw for a weekend.my question is will it be safe for me to visit the bars-pubs and generally look around.i'm a well travelled 50 year old who has not had the pleasure of visiting warsaw.any hotel recommendation also?any help much appreciated.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in warsaw.

Warsaw is a safe city, just exercise common sense as you would do in UK. Hotels will depend on where you want to be in the city and "budget". Public Transport in the city is excellent and cheap so easy to get around on buses and trams. I like the Marriott and Inter Continental which are well placed to use public transport. Sofitel is quite close to the Old Town as is the famous Bristol Hotel. There are cheaper options! When arriving at airport ignore the taxi touts in the terminal and get one of the clearly marked taxis {with taxi firm name clearly displayed} which are just outside. Also a Bus option, #175, to railway station [handy for Marriott / IC} or Old Town etc

Warsaw, Poland
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in warsaw.

Hi there,

I'm sure you will enjoy your visit in Warsaw! At Christmas it is really beautiful. What type of accomodation are you interested in? I can recommend you the Bristol hotel and La regina, which is located in the Old Town.

If you would like to visit any restaurant I can recommend 'Browarmia' which is on Krakowskie Przedmiescie street (from Old Town it will be about 15 min by feet) or stay in an Old Town an enjoy your meal in 'Bazyliszek' restaurant, which is tasty and on Saturdays the're having a wonderful roasted duck with apples - it's really tasty!

There are lot of pubs in the Old Town, for example 'Senator' or 'Bar Warszawa', where you can drink vodka in shots.

Enjoy your ride!

3. Re: first time in warsaw.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 December 2011, 01:35
Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time in warsaw.

Hi ! We are thinking of visiting Warsaw for the first time from Australia . As we are on a budget ( mature married couple ) we are looking for budget accommodation but safe .

Any tips on where to stay ? Thanks !

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time in warsaw.

Hotels in Warsaw are reasonably priced (note that in June there will be Euro 2012 football cup, the hotel prices are already very high, therefore it would be advisable to visit Warsaw outside this period).

A nice 3 star hotel in the centre of Warsaw can cost less than 50 EURo.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time in warsaw.

As Warsaw is mainly a business city, hotel prices drop sharply from Fridays to Sundays. If you can arrange, come on a weekend. Sometimes, even 5 star hotels offer 3 star prices.

Some cheaper hotels include Ibis Stare Miasto, Castle Inn, Novotel Centrum, Holiday Inn, Gromada etc. (all in a decent location)

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time in warsaw.

Some hostels have private rooms too, but actually the price can be the same as in 3 star hotel.

maybe the info below will be of help:

http://warsawtour.pl/en/noclegi.html

Enjoy!

8. Re: first time in warsaw.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 February 2012, 20:36
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: first time in warsaw.

I can recommend you Gromada Hotel - I stayed there for 2 nights in a row and from my experience it's an excellent choice. Great food, comfortable beds, cosy, spacious rooms and for more important - not very expensive as a hotel located in the city centre

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first time in warsaw.

I've been in Warsaw 2 times. Amazing place and very nice people.