We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help!

ct
Level Contributor
153 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help!

We (2 adult women) will be going to Krakow in July. Does this itinerary make sense-are we over or underdoing our time frame? Please offer suggestions. Thanks.

Day 1-Arrive Krakow Wed. early morning - visit Kazimierz, Jewish Cemetaries, Schindleer's Factory,

Day 2- Wawel Cathedral and Grounds, Main Market Square, Cloth Hall, St. Mary's Church, Salt Mine

Day 3- Kanonicza Street, Aushwitz leave for airport 1700

Did we group sites that are together appropriately or is there a better way? Did we miss anything we should be seeing? Can this be done in 2 rather than 3 days?

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help!

Sounds good to me. Schindler's can take a while to get round depending on how busy it is.

The old and new Jewish cemetaries won't take too long, and they're quite close to each other.

Maybe best to go to Schindler's first to appreciate what you see afterwards. But there's also the wee museum in the Apteka Pod Orlem on Plac Zgody / Heroes Square.

I think your grouping of sites seems fine.

Salt Mines, though might be difficult again depending on how much you want to see of Wawel, and the crowds.

How are you getting to Auschwitz? Maybe if you are on a private tour you could arrange to go straight to the airport...

ct
Level Contributor
153 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help!

Does it make more sense, based on your comment to do a private tour of Auschwitz and the Salt Mines and then go to the airport? If so, what companies would do the tour and take us to the airport afterward?

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help!

I haven't done that myself but I know people that have. I would say an early start would let you see both in the same day, before heading to the airport.

I'll get back to you about who they've used. And the links.

Most companies are very accommodating.

I've used http://www.escape2poland.co.uk/

on at least 10 trips for transfers and tours. Always reliable.

But there are loads to choose from.

That would give you all of day two for the old town.

Give me shout if there's anything else :-)

Jane

4. Re: Itinerary Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 June 2012, 02:05
5. Re: Itinerary Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 10:46