We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salt mines

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
39 reviews
6 helpful votes
Salt mines
Save

I am hoping to go to the salt mines with my elderly father but he is a bit unsteady on his feet, is this a good idea? I don't want to dissapoint him

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
148 reviews
132 helpful votes
1. Re: Salt mines
Save

Your dad can be brought down in the Miner's lift (usually need to pre book this). It would depend on your dad's stamina to keep up with the tour group. Maybe you could enquire if they have a wheelchair available, or consider bringing one with you. We took my dad a few times in a wheelchair, he didn't get to see everything but fortunately managed the best areas.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
134 posts
35 reviews
65 helpful votes
2. Re: Salt mines
Save

If your Dad is unsteady on his feet, I personally think it will be too much for him. As mentioned in previous post, you can go down in the lift but they charge extra for this, not sure of cost. He would need to have a wheelchair (again, not sure if all areas would be accesable) There is alot of walking involved. Good Luck

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
3,548 posts
57 reviews
47 helpful votes
3. Re: Salt mines
Save

Re #2 You don't need to be in a wheelchair to do the disabled tour, and there is no extra charge for it, but you see a much smaller area of the mine than the general tours.

There is an opportunity to descend in the lift on the general tour, if booked in advance you have to pay (it used to be an additional 250 zloty), if you turn up and ask it is free, neither are guaranteed, and there are still 400 steps down during the tour itself.

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
39 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Salt mines
Save

Many thanks for all the replies

Edited: 1 year ago
5. Re: Salt mines

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2020, 10:11
Get answers to your questions about Krakow
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.